Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

{allcanada} COUSINEAU WINS TWO-RUN SLALOM TITLE AT CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

gamestop.com

 

NAKISKA, Alta. -- Julien Cousineau won his first career national title in Thursday's two-run slalom at the GMC Canadian Championships.

Cousineau, of Lachute, Que., crossed the finish line with a time of one minute 33.75 seconds.

"My first run was really good," said the 29-year-old who was more than 0.50 seconds ahead of everyone after the first run. "The second run was a little harder and the ruts were really big. My strategy in the second run was to keep my advance from the first run and win. It's my first Canadian title so I'm really happy about that."

Cousineau comes from a family of skiers. His dad, Alain Cousineau, was part of the National Team in the seventies and won the slalom Canadian Championship title in 1974.

"My dad won a title when he was a racer and he always teased about having one and me not having one," said Cousineau.

Marie-Michele Gagnon won her third title this week in Thursday's race finishing first in the slalom event, almost two seconds ahead of everyone.

Gagnon, who already won Wednesday's giant slalom and Sunday's super combined title earlier this week, finished with a two-run combined time of 1:33.57

"It went really well today," said the Lac-Etchemin, Que., native. "I am happy because I'm racing on new boots right now and I tried on new settings that I wouldn't have tried if I was racing World Cup races.

"What was good is that I wasn't nervous at the beginning of the race to not finish the race, I was nervous because I wanted to do well."

This is Gagnon's sixth career national title. Her first one was in 2000 as she won the super combined in Le Massif, Que.

"It was a really good week for me," added Gagnon. "My goal this week was to try and score downhill points but I wasn't able too, so I'm a little disappointed by that.

"What is good is that I managed to win every event that I am in the top-30 in World Cup. That shows how consistent my skiing has been."

Erin Mielzynski, of Guelph, Ont., was the runner-up, finishing second with a time of 1:35.60.

Third place went to Brittany Phelan, of Mont-Tremblant, Que., who crossed the finish line with a two-run combined time of 1:35.94.

On the men's side, Paul Stutz, of Banff, Alta., finished in second place with a time of 1:34.01.

"That was a lot of work, with a lot of turns," said Stutz.

Third place went to Calgary's Brad Spence who crossed the finish line with a time of 1:34.70.

Go Daddy Web Hosting Asia Pacific Data Center gamestop.com

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment