Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

[SurroundSound] Re: Hello all :)

Welcome Dave QTS,

As RW said there's quite a lot of it about, in the right places.
I just bought 2 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4 HDDs for £82 each including
SATA cables and delivery. My complete system is presently at just over
2TB (2213GB) over several HDD and growing fast.
The new 4TB is for backup. I'm putting these new drives into IcyBox
external enclosures so they can be stored off premises. They are fast
drives with esata connections much faster than USB2, but similar to
USB3 transfer speeds. I'll have to configure the system to have one of
the new 2TB drives added to the main PC for growing Hub Share and then
the stuff on a 1TB drive transferred to the new 2TB HDD so I cann use
the now empty 1TB plus the other new 2TB as the backup HDDs just for
the growing Hub share.

On 1 Oct, 09:06, "Noreltny" <norel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome Dave, and...
>
> RW- Just bought 2 Hitachi 2TB drives for $99 last week and they just arrived
> a couple days ago. I'm in the middle of installing them to my server right
> now. It's a bit of an ordeal because they are part of an unRAID system, so 1
> is for parity and the other is for data. I'm in the process of running a
> "preclear" drive operation, which can take up to 36 hours. Hopefully
> everything will be running in a few days and I can get my share back online.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: surroundsound@googlegroups.com [mailto:surroundsound@googlegroups.com]
>
> On Behalf Of RW
> Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 12:14 AM
> To: SurroundSound
> Subject: [SurroundSound] Re: Hello all :)
>
> The wealth of surround sound stuff available for download is
> astounding, I can barely keep enough drive space in stock - just
> bought 2 1.5 TB Seagates a coupla weeks ago, couldn't resist at $99
> each.  Good to see you found The Hub, it truly rocks!
>
> On Sep 30, 9:30 pm, QTS <katelyn.and.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been lurking around here for a while readin' posts and followin'
> > links, and I figured I should introduce myself and say hi. I'm a new
> > member to the Hub too, so I'll be logging in there soon. I also want
> > to say a big thanks to any people who may read this that are
> > responsible for any of the auditory gems I've found distributed around
> > on the interwebs, all your endeavors are very appreciated.
>
> > Dave
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "SurroundSound" group.
> To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

No comments:

Post a Comment