Pages

Monday, July 31, 2023

{allcanada} QB Evans set for second straight start for Lions


--
banners Meal Ninja - Rakuten.ca - Amazon.com - Swagbucks - MyPoints - DailyRewards

Dane Evans is set to get his second straight start at quarterback Thursday night as his BC Lions travel to Winnipeg to take on the Blue Bombers, the team announced Monday. 

The 29-year-old from Chickasha, Okla., got his first start of the 2023 CFL season in Week 8 against the Edmonton Elks after starter Vernon Adams Jr. suffered a lower-body injury a week earlier against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Evans entered that Week 7 game in Adams' place and threw for 219 yards, a touchdown, and an interception.  

"It felt good to get back out there," Evans said Monday reflective of Saturday's win. "I look to do it again. We know we've got a good opponent coming up in a tough environment so it'll be fun to do it again."

"(It's) just another opportunity to go out there and lead the guys," Evans said on the opportunity to start. 

"I know when I got traded here, it would be in a backup capacity or something like that. (I was) fully excepting of that; when this team calls on my number I just want to be there and respond." 

Evans threw for 330 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the Lions' 27-0 win at Commonwealth Stadium, seeing the Elks set a mark for the longest home losing streak in North American pro sports with 21 consecutive losses.

Evans spent four seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2018-19, 2021-22), helping them reach back-to-back Grey Cup games against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in his final two seasons with the Black and Gold.

In seven games this season. Evans has completed 41 passes for 549 yards, three touchdowns and an interception.

"I kind of always view myself kind of as that [a starting quarterback]," Evans said when asked if he should be the starter with the Lions or elsewhere. "I knew what I signed up for when I got traded here, I'm, not coming to step on anyone's toes." 

" V.A., when comes back, (he) is going to continue his MOP-like season...I'm just trying to do what I can do to help this team win."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment