Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

{allcanada} Lack retires from NHL after five seasons

 

Eddie Lack announced his retirement from the NHL on Monday.

The 32-year-old goalie last competed in the NHL in 2017-18, when he played eight games (five starts) for the Calgary Flames and New Jersey Devils. He last played competitively with Binghamton of the American Hockey League on Nov. 23, 2018, before having surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip that December.

"I feel like I'm kind of stuck at 85-90 percent," Lack said. "I feel good enough to live good enough to live a good life, but not good enough to play hockey. I tried to practice on the ice a few weeks ago (with Arizona State) and it was ugly and I'm like, 'There's no way I can do this.' I was so sore from being on the ice for 10-15 minutes. So, it's done."

Lack announced Aug. 14, 2019, that he would be taking over as a volunteer goalie coach for Arizona State University because "my body won't allow me to play professional hockey." At the time, he said his left hip had been bothering him on and off for about six seasons.

Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Vancouver Canucks on April 6, 2010, Lack went 56-55-18 with a 2.62 goals-against average, .909 save percentage and nine shutouts in 144 regular-season games (126 starts) over five seasons with the Canucks, Carolina Hurricanes, Flames and Devils. He was 1-3 with a 3.03 GAA and .886 save percentage in four Stanley Cup Playoff games.

"This has grown on me and I've been thinking about it for so long," Lack said. "I know I did whatever I can to get back. I wish that I can play, but I can't. But it brings peace to my mind that I know I did whatever I can to get back. It just wasn't meant to be."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment