Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2019

{allcanada} Rieder signs one-year, two-way contract with Flames

 

Tobias Rieder signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Calgary Flames on Sunday. It pays him $700,000 in the NHL.

The 26-year-old forward had been in training camp with the Flames on a professional tryout contract.

"I think I had a good camp and that's what I was trying to get ready for all summer," he said. "I'm really happy it all worked out."

Rieder had four points (two goals, two assists) in five preseason games with the Flames. He scored two goals in Calgary's 3-2 win against the Oilers on Saturday at Scotiabank Saddledome.

"You see early this year the chances he's generating," coach Bill Peters said. "If he continues to generate those chances on a consistent basis he's going to score, but we really like the energy he plays with, the maturity he plays with, the strength on the wall, strength on battles, speed on the forecheck. Lots of good things with this player."

Rieder had 11 assists in 67 games with the Edmonton Oilers last season.

"I'm just trying to forget about last year," Rieder said. "You know, I learned a lot from it, but I want to get back to my game and just show what I can do and what I did early on in my career. And that's the plan.

"It was a challenge mentally, obviously, not scoring a goal. But I think you just get tougher as a person, you learn to handle the mental aspect of the game and just try to get back to the player who you are."

Selected by the Oilers in the fourth round (No. 114) in the 2011 NHL Draft, Rieder has 128 points (55 goals, 73 assists) in 379 NHL games during five seasons with the Arizona Coyotes, Los Angeles Kings and Oilers.

"Just playing a couple preseason games I feel really good about my game," Rieder said. "I'm creating stuff. I'm getting chances. I'm really happy with it. Now I've got to keep moving forward and try to get better every day."

Forward Zac Rinaldo also signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Flames on Sunday. It pays $700,000 in the NHL.

The 29-year-old, who was in training camp on a PTO and had two assists in four preseason games, had three points (one goal, two assists) in 23 games with the Nashville Predators last season. A sixth-round pick (No. 178) in the 2008 NHL Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers, Rinaldo has 37 points (15 goals, 22 assists) in 351 games with the Predators, Coyotes, Boston Bruins and Flyers. He is scoreless in 14 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment