Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

{allcanada} Als QB Adams sounds off on 'We want Johnny' chants

 

Montreal Alouettes quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. sounded off Monday after hearing 'We want Johnny' chants during his team's loss to the Edmonton Eskimos on Thursday night.

The chants were, of course, made in reference to fans wanting to see newly acquired quarterback Johnny Manziel hit the field, but Adams, who went 15-for-28 for 217 yards and an interception on Thursday, believes the fans were unfair to him.

"Yes, it hurt me to hear that. I have nothing more to say or to give to the fans of Montreal. Never again," Adams told La Presse, per Google translate. "Their behavior was very disrespectful. It was not like I was playing badly. I do not want them to ask me for anything, not even a small piece of equipment."

Adams was making his first start of the season on Thursday. Reports prior to the game indicated Manziel, a former first-round pick in the NFL, would see his first regular season snaps in the CFL at some point. Instead, Adams took every snap in the 44-23 loss as the Alouettes dropped to 1-5 on the season.

"I do not care what the situation is. It was a lack of respect and it affected me," Adams said. "I tried anyways to make plays on the field. But that's fine. In the future, I'll treat the fans as they treated me. That's all. "

The 25-year-old Adams finished as the Alouettes leading rusher against the Eskimos, adding 72 yards and a touchdown on eight carries, and Alouettes head coach Mike Sherman said after the loss he believed the quarterback "played well enough to win."

"My performance was not perfect, but I think I played a pretty good game overall," Adams said. "We left points on the ground for several reasons, some of which because of my passes lacked precision. We should have scored at least 10 more points."

Despite Sherman's praise for Adams after last week's game, Manziel took first-team reps in practice on Monday and appears to be the favourite to start Friday against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats – his former team. Sherman, however, said he would not be revealing his starter until game day.

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment