Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

{allcanada} Canadian Corbo wins bronze at aerials World Cup

LAKE PLACID, N.Y. — Melissa Corbo captured the first podium finish of her career on Friday with a third-place finish at the aerials World Cup.

The Blainville, Que., native scored a 74.82 in her third-career World Cup appearance. Aliaksandra Ramanouskaya of Belarus finished first with an 80.62 while Russia's Veronika Korsunova was second with a score of 78.88.

"I really have no words for what I'm feeling," said Corbo. "It's an unbelievable surprise. It's an experience and a day I will remember for the rest of my life. It's my first year on the World Cup tour and the weather made things difficult. I just felt good today.

"This is a great way to start the Olympic cycle for me. It's really encouraging."

It was the first top-three finish by a Canadian woman since 2008 when Veronika Bauer captured bronze at the World Cup in China.

Montreal's Olivier Rochon made the finals on the men's side and finished sixth overall with a score of 80.54. Rochon has missed nearly two years due to injury.

Sabrina Guerin of Laval, Que., and Travis Gerrits of Milton, Ont., also competed and finished 14th and 16th overall respectively.

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment