Defensive tackle Ryan Lucas has announced his retirement.

Lucas spent the last three seasons of his seven-year career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Since 2007, he has played in 17 games with Saskatchewan, Montreal and Winnipeg.  

"Obviously having the injuries in consecutive seasons played in a role in my decision," said Lucas in a team release. "I really, honestly, cherished my time as a Bomber, and love the organization. It's a place I wanted my career to end when that time did come. It's time to move on, and enjoy life after football."

"Ryan Lucas is one of those people you just want to see succeed," said General Manager Kyle Walters in the release. "Unfortunately, having the injuries kind of pile up on him there made it difficult to move forward, but carving out a seven year CFL career is an accomplishment in its own. As an organization, we wish Ryan all the best in the next phase of his life."