Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

[SurroundSound] HDMI-questions

Hi at all and a happy Eastern...

while there a a few free days, I decided to start with a hardware-upgrade.
You know, my equiptment is verry old-styled, analog.
Besides my OPPO 93 (with ISO-FW) I´ve an AV-Receiver YAMAHA RX V1500
(no HDMI, 5 channel analog inputs, optical and coax inputs and output and component video-connections)
and my TV is also an "oldie" (plasma, but no HDMI).
There is also a mediaplayer "Xtreamer-Sidewinder" (MK1), optical connected and my files are on a synology NAS.

So I ordered before Easter an new AV-Receiver DENON AV 3313.
The first step was the 3313´s setup. It´s a bit terrible without a GUI, so I used my PC-Monitor
(DVI with HDCP). The OPPO´s 2nd HDMI I connected with the 3313, the OPPO´s output I setup to DSD.
I put in an (original!) SADC (DSOTM) an on the screen of the 3313 shows a light "DSD",
but NOTHING was to hear. :-(
So I changed to PCM and it works, as I also setup the 3313 input to "Multi-channel"
(there are 2 possibilities: DTS and Multi-Channel), it shows PCM Multichannel.
A DVD-A was also with that setup playable.
Now I took a DVD-V with DTS-Tracks and there was only "Stereo" shown.
As I switched the Input-Mode of the 3313 to "DTS" there was
"DTS-Multichannel" shown and all channels was to hear.

Much more difficulte was the connetion of my mediaplayer:
you have to decide, wich output formant you want to playback via HDMI:
2 channel DTS-downmix (forgetable), DTS, DTS-HD (and so on) OR Multichannel PCM.

If I want to playback Multi-Channel-FLACs, I´ve the output of my mediaplayer to change to
Multicannel-PCM, the 3313 also, otherwise I hear only stereo.
If I want to playback a video (mkv with DTS), I´ve both to swith to DTS.
I can the mediaplayer connect via fiber to the 3313, but there is no PCM-Multichannel support, only DTS (and AC3).

There are 2 possibilities:
Composite (video) and optical(audio) for watching filme (terribel!) and listenig audio (Multichannel PCM) via HDMI
OR
watching films via HDMI (HDTV with DTS and so on) and listening audio only in stereo.

To change the setup by each using is impossible (because of "my other best part") ...

Are there an ideas besides this cases????
I´ll send back the 3313 after Easter, this is clear for me.

razi

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to surroundsound+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment