Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

{allcanada} Kingsbury, Bilodeau finish 1-2 at WC event

Family escapes with savings of up to $3,000 free coupons CarParts.com Auto Accessories

DEER VALLEY, Utah -- Consistency was the key for Mikael Kingsbury on Thursday.

Kingsbury led a 1-2 Canadian finish at a freestyle World Cup moguls event, edging teammate and reigning Olympic champion Alex Bilodeau.

Kingsbury, of Deux-Montagnes, Que., finished with a score of 25.78 points for his 19th straight podium, while Bilodeau, of Rosemere, Que., was right behind with 25.60.

"I'm pretty happy with how I skied today, with the consistency of my runs," said Kingsbury.

Patrick Deneen of the United States was third with 25.07.

"I was just focusing run by run," said Kingsbury. "I was trying to learn from every run, every score."

Bilodeau was also pleased with his performance.

"For me it's the first time this season that I showed my best skiing," said Bilodeau. "I made a small mistake in the middle section, but other than that I'm really happy. I skied really well."

Quebec City's Simon Pouliot-Cavanagh and Marc-Antoine Gagnon of Terrebonne, Que. also made the finals, they finished in ninth and 12th position, respectively.

Cedric Rochon of St. Sauveur, Que., and Montreal's PO Gagne finished in 21st and 22nd position in the qualification round.

Meanwhile in the women's event, Hannah Kearney, Heather McPhie and Eliza Outtrim completed an American sweep.

It was only the second sweep by U.S. women, with the other occurring Jan. 21, 2010, in Lake Placid, N.Y.

Kearney won gold in 2010 as well, while McPhie took bronze behind Shannon Bahrke.

Quebec City's Audrey Robichaud, who suffered a concussion in a training fall last week in Calgary finished in seventh with a score of 22.99.

"I wasn't even supposed to ski today, but my head felt good and the doctor gave me the okay so I'm super pumped," said Robichaud. "Actually, I can't believe what I did here today when I didn't even ski a top-to-bottom on the course all week, I'm really excited."

Montreal's Justine Dufour-Lapointe, who won last week's competition in Calgary, landed in eighth at 22.95; she hangs on to the yellow bib as the women's tour leader. Rookie Andi Naude of Penticton, B.C., was 12th at 21.69.

Chloe Dufour-Lapointe was 17th in the qualification round and her sister Maxime was 20th. Chelsea Henitiuk of Spruce Grove, Alta. was 22nd.

The competition continues Friday with aerials, with dual moguls to follow on Saturday.

Family escapes with savings of up to $3,000 free coupons CarParts.com Auto Accessories

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment