Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

[SurroundSound] Re: Can you tell the difference and find the original?

Here's my guess (I'm brave so I'll post it here):
Track #1 DTS 5.1 (1510 kbps) this was a bit of a guess
Track #2 This is the DTS 24/96 5.1 (1510 kbps)
Track #3 The unaltered MLP (this was the easiest one for me to figure
out and I hope I'm right)
Track #4 DTS 5.1 (755 kbps) may have this one mixed up with track #1

You can PM me and let me know if I'm off, the two I was pretty sure of
is track 2 and 3. Track 3 is definitely the original MLP I believe.

On Jan 31, 3:30 pm, ArnoldLayne <arnoldlayn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are we talking Tokaji? Make way for the winner (me)!!
>
> On 31 ene, 23:45, elshagon <elsha...@msn.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Free wine!  I'm in.  Well worth the trip to Budapest!
>
> > On Jan 31, 2:29 pm, grill <gr...@index.hu> wrote:
>
> > > I can add/change/omit tracks or give more info if the test proves to
> > > be too difficult. We are not in a hurry so take your listening time. I
> > > may invite the best assessor for a bottle of Hungarian wine during his
> > > next visit to Budapest :-)
>
> > > On jan. 31, 22:20, elshagon <elsha...@msn.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Too bad there's not an ac3 (dolby digital) track also, that's where
> > > > you see a huge drop in quality.
>
> > > > On Jan 31, 2:00 am, "Dave Cooper" <davecooper1...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > > > Oh good, an ambisonic test, oh sorry read it wrong   lol
>
> > > > >   I'm offering you a WXYZ comparison test to check the audio evaluation
> > > > >   capability of your ears and mind. The hotlinked Hotfile link below
> > > > >   leads you to a DVD-audio disc image that contains four 5.1 24/96
> > > > >   tracks of the same audio material encoded as:
>
> > > > >   - unaltered original MLP 5.1 24/96,
> > > > >   - DTS 5.1 (755 kbps),
> > > > >   - DTS 5.1 (1510 kbps),
> > > > >   - DTS 24/96 5.1 (1510 kbps).
>
> > > > >   DTS-HD MAS 2.50.20 was used for DTS encoding and AudioMuxer with
> > > > >   ArcSoft DTS decoder was used for DTS decoding.
>
> > > > >   Your task is to determine the correct encoding order, at least to find
> > > > >   the original without using audio evaluating softwares. You can PM me
> > > > >   your guess and I'll send you the right answer back. Bravehearts can
> > > > >   reply publicly. Btw, I meant this to be a funny game so don't take it
> > > > >   too seriously (although there is no trick or scam in the testing
> > > > >   material).
>
> > > > >  http://hotfile.com/list/1973773/7086aff
>
> > > > >   --
> > > > >   You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
> > > > >   To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
> > > > >   To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > > >   For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound
>
> > > > >   -----
> > > > >   No virus found in this message.
> > > > >   Checked by AVG -www.avg.com
> > > > >   Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4776 - Release Date: 01/30/12- Idézett szöveg elrejtése -
>
> > > > - Idézett szöveg megjelenítése -- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> > - Mostrar texto de la cita -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

1 comment: