Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

[SurroundSound] Re: Can you stream DVD-A Audio Object Files with a DLNA server?

Most people I know convert all to flac for streaming, but there may be
new ways especially with the Oppo.
Why not talk to Oppo about it?
For myself, I am just now coming to such a hurdle, & yet need to get
my server sorted out first.

On Aug 1, 4:44 pm, grill <gr...@index.hu> wrote:
> I've heard that Oppo with the latest firmware can play DVD isos.
> However, I'm not sure this would also apply to DVDA isos, especially
> for the case of streaming the hi-res part from Mac. And not talking
> about SACD-R isos..... Unfortunately, I don't have Oppo to give it a
> try :-(
>
> On aug. 1, 07:27, citysoundman <bobkirschn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I have a bunch of DVD-A discs stored as .iso files. I mount them on my
> > desktop (Mac), and  I would like to stream the hi res DVD-A files
> > (Audio Object Files, or AOB's) to my Oppo BDP-93. Currently I am using
> > Twonky, and I can only stream the VOB Dolby Surround files in the
> > VIDEO_TS folder, not the AOB files in the AUDIO_TS folder. It seems
> > that Twonky does not support AOB streaming.
>
> > Is it possible to stream the AOB files? Or is it standard practice to
> > convert the files to Flac and stream them as Flac? I would love to be
> > able to stream the AOB's if possible.
>
> > Thanks in advance!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

No comments:

Post a Comment