Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

[SurroundSound] Can you stream DVD-A Audio Object Files with a DLNA server?

I have a bunch of DVD-A discs stored as .iso files. I mount them on my
desktop (Mac), and I would like to stream the hi res DVD-A files
(Audio Object Files, or AOB's) to my Oppo BDP-93. Currently I am using
Twonky, and I can only stream the VOB Dolby Surround files in the
VIDEO_TS folder, not the AOB files in the AUDIO_TS folder. It seems
that Twonky does not support AOB streaming.

Is it possible to stream the AOB files? Or is it standard practice to
convert the files to Flac and stream them as Flac? I would love to be
able to stream the AOB's if possible.

Thanks in advance!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

No comments:

Post a Comment