Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

[SurroundSound] Re: Advice on HTPC

I have an htpc on the way this week as well with an ATI 5450 in it.
Should have everything up and running by the end of the week. AVS
forum is a good source of info regarding the ATI cards, the latest
device drivers available, codecs needed etc.

On Oct 31, 5:11 pm, grill <gr...@index.hu> wrote:
> If memory serves Elshagon (?) recommended this AVS thread about HD
> audio bitstreaming through ATI cards:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1179134
> BTW, I'm gonna buy one, too. Which model do you recommend?
>
> On nov. 1, 01:04, ArnoldLayne <arnoldlayn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > The ATI series 5 is a neat solution for bitstreaming indeed, I have
> > one too.
>
> > On 1 nov, 00:44, MrMalice <MrMalic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I just built an HTPC this week, and can offer my experience with the Xonar:
> > > I hated it. It requires an extra HDMI cable to run from your mobo to the
> > > Xonar to pass the signal. But my biggest complaint was that it requires too
> > > much tweaking between different sound formats. I exchanged it for a Gigabyte
> > > GPU with Radeon 5450, and I'm very happy with the results. Like you, I don't
> > > do gaming, so here's my setup:
>
> > > Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
> > > AMD Phenom II X4
> > > Corsair A50 cooler
> > > 4GB
> > > WD Caviar Green 640 AV HDD
> > > Gigabyte GV-R545SC-1GI Radeon HD5450
>
> > > Best of luck!
>
> > > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Prekladatel <prekladatel....@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > > Hi guys,
>
> > > > I would like to ask you for your opinion, since I don't have much
> > > > experiencie on HTPC. I would like to use and older PC as a HTPC:
>
> > > > - Intended use: mainly listening to hub stuff and watching 1080p
> > > > video.
> > > > - Specs:
> > > > AMD Athlon 64
> > > > 2 GB
> > > > HDD 1 TB
> > > > ATI 6600 with HDMI
> > > > Integrated in MB Realtek AC97 (non HD, non 24/96 capable,...)
>
> > > > I don't play games, so I just would like something to listen to
> > > > perfect bit stream through HDMI (DTS-MA...). The PC would be HDMI
> > > > connected to a Pioneer A4 A/V receiver.
>
> > > > 1. Does it worth buying a new processor and motherboard or this old
> > > > Athlon will do?
> > > > 2. Would it be enough to buy an ATI 5450? Or should I also buy a
> > > > soundcard (Xonar D2), for example?
>
> > > > Thank you all for your help.
>
> > > > --
> > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > > > "SurroundSound" group.
> > > > To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > > > SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > >http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound-Ocultartexto de la cita -
>
> > > - Mostrar texto de la cita -- Idézett szöveg elrejtése -
>
> > - Idézett szöveg megjelenítése -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

No comments:

Post a Comment