Pages

Monday, February 10, 2020

[SurroundSound] Re: Describe your HiDef audio setup

Very simplistic, no artwork and basic menus, but I use an Oppo 203 UHD (m9702 player running Oppo OS is @ $400 online) connected to my Synology NAS and pumped through Marantz SR7012 7.1.4 setup.

On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 8:58:38 PM UTC-7, Redbeard wrote:
I'm starting to think about building my next audio computer, so I am curious as to how others render their HiDef and surround audio digital files (i.e., FLAC, APE, DSD, ALAC).   What hardware, OS and software do you use? 

Also, has anyone built a HiDef audio system using a Raspberry PI?  Not clear if that's possible, or practical.

Currently I'm running a seven year old homemade computer running an AMD A4-3400 APU, 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 160 GB SSD (Windows 10 boot drive), 10 TB Media HD and Blu-ray drive.  I play audio in ISO, DSD & FLAC formats using foobar 2000 > WASAPI output via HDMI. 

Other software I use often:
MP3tag  -  batch tagging.
DVDA Explorer - DVDA ripping
Exact Audio Copy - CD ripping
Audacity - audio editing
AudioMuxer - DVD & Bluray ripping
G-Force - graphic visualizations

My current setup has a nice form factor, little fan noise, fairly low energy consumption and performs well, but graphics could be improved.  I'd like to improve on all these characteristics for my new setup.

Advise and comments appreciated!

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to surroundsound+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/surroundsound/c4f4900b-c26c-4d83-8e89-747a34b7c03c%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment