Canadian Formula One driver Lance Stroll will return to sports cars in January for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

Stroll will drive an ORECA 07-Gibson for Jackie Chan DC Racing, sharing the ride with Felix Rosenqvist, Robin Frijns and Daniel Juncadella.

"We are going to Daytona to enjoy, compete and of course try and win," said Stroll in a Racer.com article. "I always want to be best and most competitive I can be. I'll be out there with some of my buddies in the same car and it is going to be a pleasure to do this race again as I just love to race. We are the four young guns so it will be great fun I'm sure because we go way back together."

The Montreal, Que. native raced for Ford Chip Ganassi Racing in the 2016 running of the prestigious 24-hour endurance race. His team finished fifth overall in a Riley DP.

Stroll made his Formula One debut this season for Williams Martini Racing, scoring one podium and seven top-10s.

The Rolex 24 takes place Jan. 27-28 on the road course configuration of Daytona International Speedway in Florida.