Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

{allcanada} Canadian Jones wins triathlon World Cup silver

 

COZUMEL, Mexico — Canadian Olympian Kyle Jones put a difficult 2015 season behind him by winning silver on Sunday at the triathlon World Cup.

The 30-year-old from Oakville, Ont., had battled injuries and a series of bad luck throughout the year, but pulled through in his final race of the season with a time of 55 minutes 14 seconds in the sprint distance format to claim second place.

"I'm very happy with the result today," said Jones. "I knew I was capable of a performance like that, and to go out and deliver it felt great.

"I've had some setbacks this year but through it all I've always kept my head down and continued to move forward."

South Africa's Richard Murray won the race with a time of 55:03. Hungary's Gabor Faldum took third in 55:15.

Jones kept pace through the 750-metre swim before falling back in the 20-kilometre bike portion of the event. He made up for it near the end of the 5-km run course.

"I felt strong and put a surge in with about 800 metres to go it paid off," said Jones.

"This result is a great confidence booster and will also give my ranking, which took a big bit through the injuries, a nice boost."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment