Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

[SurroundSound] Surround in the car

Hi all,
I wonder how come this issue rarely comes up in this forum-
How many of you have a surround setup in their car?
I have a surround setup in both my house and my car, and I have to admit-
Even though the home system sounds clearer and better, I enjoy my surround more in the car-
Something about the speaker placement, the intimacy of it all, being trully surrounded by the music-
I find it very involving and enjoyable.
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on buying a new 2din HU for my car.
During the begining of this millenium it seemed like the next thing-
just about every car DVD player had DTS and Dolby, and true 5.1 pre-outs.
Now I am searching for a long time and cannot find something that combines all this with a USB that can play movies with surround soundtracks.
I have about 30 DVDs full of DTS encoded surround music- without video, its something like 6-8 full albums per DVD.
If possible, I would like to transfer it all to a USB HD (for example as AVI or MKV with DTS soundtrack).
Is there a HU that fits my desires? the technology exists for several years now...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

No comments:

Post a Comment