Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2026

{allcanada} Blue Jays’ Berrios undergoes Tommy John


--
bannersPuppybear.tv - Rakuten.ca - Amazon.com - Swagbucks - MyPoints - DailyRewards

Kidrobot - Sesame Street - Kaiju Anatomy Cookie Monster 8" Flocked Vinyl Art Figure (PRE-ORDER) Kidrobot - Nissin® x Kidrobot - Cup Noodles® Beef 8" Dunny Art Figure (PRE-ORDER) Kidrobot - Kidrobot Lilo & Stitch Elvis Collection

NEW YORK (AP) — José Berríos underwent a full Tommy John surgery on his right elbow Wednesday, sidelining the veteran Toronto Blue Jays starter well into the 2027 season.

The Blue Jays hoped Berríos — who missed Toronto’s World Series run last fall with elbow inflammation — would need a less invasive surgery to repair a stress fracture and remove loose bodies from the right elbow.

But manager John Schneider said a loose body was found on the ligament, which necessitated the Tommy John procedure by Dr. Keith Meister in Texas.

“It’s kind of like, got an answer,” Schneider said before the Blue Jays faced the New York Yankees. “It sucks for him, it sucks for us. I know he’ll attack the rehab. It’s just the time part of it sucks. Not having him here sucks, too.”

Berríos, 31, appeared healthy at the start of spring training. But he opened the season on the injured list with the stress fracture and posted a 10.67 ERA while displaying reduced velocity and battling a sore elbow in four rehab starts.

“When you have something, guys are usually OK when its not surgically (repaired) initially,” Schneider said. “Really didn’t see this coming.”

Berríos and teammate Patrick Corbin are the only pitchers to make at least 30 starts in each of the last seven full seasons, since 2018. Berríos, in the fifth year of a seven-year deal signed in November 2021, is 53-39 with a 4.09 ERA since being acquired from the Minnesota Twins in July 2021.

“Since we acquired him, he’s just been steady, he’s been kind of part of what we’re doing and reliable, obviously,” Schneider said. “It’s weird not having him. I think that we were looking for him to kind of just get back to normal a little bit. And he was hoping for that, too.”

Berríos’ season-ending surgery is another blow to an injury-battered Toronto rotation. Shane Bieber has yet to make a start this season due to right forearm stiffness. Cody Ponce, who signed with the Blue Jays after four seasons in Japan, suffered a season-ending right knee injury in his first start March 30. Bowden Francis, who made 27 starts the previous two seasons, underwent Tommy John surgery in February.

Veteran Max Scherzer has been limited to five starts by forearm and ankle injuries while Trey Yesavage, a rookie sensation in the playoffs last year, was slated to make his fifth start Wednesday after missing the first month with a right shoulder impingement.

Schneider said Scherzer is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Thursday while Bieber could begin a rehab stint next week. Bieber would likely need at least four or five starts before he becomes an option for the Blue Jays, who entered Wednesday at 21-27 and 11 1/2 games behind the Tampa Bay Rays in the AL East.

The Ayurveda Experience The Ayurveda Experience The Sexiest Deals On Bras, Panties, Lingerie, Bodysuits & More. Shop On Our Website Now!


Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html


Virus-free.www.avast.com

{allcanada} Arbitrator awards former CFL player Bruce $25,000 in damages


--
bannersPuppybear.tv - Rakuten.ca - Amazon.com - Swagbucks - MyPoints - DailyRewards

Kidrobot - Golden Girls Phunny Plush Bundle Kidrobot - Hello Kitty® NYC Taxi Plush - NYCC 2025 Debut (PRE-ORDER) Kidrobot - Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet 3” Vinyl Mini Figure Blind Box Series (PRE-ORDER)

Former CFL player Arland Bruce III was awarded $25,000 in damages by an arbitrator earlier this month after suffering a concussion in a 2012 game.

The amount is significantly lower than the $310,000 Bruce had been seeking.

In a May 6 decision, arbitrator Allen Ponak ruled both the B.C. Lions and Montreal Alouettes committed three breaches of the collective agreement related to concussion management.

However, Ponak said that no previous arbitration cases under a collective bargaining agreement were cited “in which damage awards for safety violations have been anywhere close to the amounts being sought.”

Bruce filed a grievance alleging the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Lions, Alouettes and CFL failed to provide adequate medical care before, during, and after his concussion, violating the collective agreement between the league and the CFL Players’ Association (CFLPA).

Bruce, a former wide receiver, also claimed he suffered permanent physical and cognitive brain damage as a result. He received the concussion during a game in 2012 while a member of the Lions.

Ponak ruled there were two contract violations by the Lions around clearing Bruce to play in 2012 without pre-season medical followup, and then Bruce’s return to game play without a physician’s medical clearance.

He also found one violation by the Alouettes around their failure to retain a brain injury assessment for Bruce, that it claims to have administered.

In March 2018, the Supreme Court of Canada decided against hearing Bruce’s concussion lawsuit against the CFL and former commissioner Mark Cohon. It came after two B.C. courts, the Supreme Court of British Columbia and B.C. Court of Appeal dismissed the suit, saying the Supreme Court previously ruled unionized employees must use labour arbitration and not the courts to resolve disputes arising from their collective agreement.

Bruce’s lawyers had argued the CFL’s collective agreement was unusual because athletes individually negotiated their pay, and it had no long-term disability insurance plan, but players were also excluded from occupational health and safety regulations and ineligible for workers’ compensation.

Bruce played 12 CFL seasons with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (2001—02), Toronto Argonauts (2004—09), Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2009-11), B.C. (2011—12) and Montreal (2013). The two-time Grey Cup champion and three-time CFL all-star also spent time in the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs (2000) and San Francisco 49ers (2003).

TASCHEN Yummy World Plush Toys by Kidrobot - Free Shipping on USA Orders of $50+ at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience Kidrobot x Bobs Burgers Toys at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience


Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html


Virus-free.www.avast.com

{allcanada} Former Canucks GM Allvin leaving the organization


--
bannersPuppybear.tv - Rakuten.ca - Amazon.com - Swagbucks - MyPoints - DailyRewards

Kidrobot - Golden Girls Phunny Plush Bundle Kidrobot - Hello Kitty® NYC Taxi Plush - NYCC 2025 Debut (PRE-ORDER) Kidrobot - Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet 3” Vinyl Mini Figure Blind Box Series (PRE-ORDER)

Former Vancouver Canucks general manager Patrik Allvin is leaving the organization, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported on Wednesday.

The Canucks parted ways with Allvin on April 17 after missing the playoffs for a third time in four seasons with him in the position.

Then-Canucks president of hockey operations Jim Rutherford offered Allvin a chance to keep working with the team.

Last week, the team promoted Ryan Johnson to general manager and announced Daniel and Henrik Sedin would share the role of president of hockey operations.

The Canucks finished last overall with a 25-49-8 record.

Allvin helped orchestrate an era that saw the Canucks go from playoff outsiders to Pacific Division winners and back again.

Hired in January 2022, he replaced Jim Benning and became the first Swedish GM in the NHL.

He was named a finalist for the 2024 Jim Gregory Award, given annually to the league’s top GM.

TASCHEN Yummy World Plush Toys by Kidrobot - Free Shipping on USA Orders of $50+ at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience Kidrobot x Bobs Burgers Toys at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience


Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html


Virus-free.www.avast.com

{allcanada} Canada’s Galarneau advances in Roland-Garros qualifying; Andreescu, Draxl fall


--
bannersPuppybear.tv - Rakuten.ca - Amazon.com - Swagbucks - MyPoints - DailyRewards

Kidrobot - Golden Girls Phunny Plush Bundle Kidrobot - Hello Kitty® NYC Taxi Plush - NYCC 2025 Debut (PRE-ORDER) Kidrobot - Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet 3” Vinyl Mini Figure Blind Box Series (PRE-ORDER)

PARIS — Canada's Alexis Galarneau is on the cusp of his first French Open main-draw appearance after a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 win over Brazil's Pedro Boscardin Dias on Wednesday in the second round of qualifying.

Galarneau advanced despite facing 17 break points. He persevered to save 15 of them, while breaking Boscardin Dias three times on seven chances.

The 27-year-old from Laval, Que., who was eliminated in the first round of the last two French Open qualifying tournaments, will face Italy's Federico Cina on Thursday for a spot in the main draw.

Galarneau was the only Canadian to advance to the final round of qualifying Wednesday after Liam Draxl and Bianca Andreescu lost their second-round matches.

Andreescu, the former world No. 4, fell 6-7 (2), 6-4, 6-4 to Slovakia's Viktoria Hruncakova.

The 25-year-old from Mississauga, Ont., lost in the second round of qualifying at Roland Garros for the second straight year. She advanced to the third round in 2024.

Draxl, 24, from Newmarket, Ont., fell 4-6, 6-1, 6-3 to top seed Jesper de Jong of the Netherlands in his second attempt to qualify for the clay-court Grand Slam. He lost in the first round of qualifying last year.

TASCHEN Yummy World Plush Toys by Kidrobot - Free Shipping on USA Orders of $50+ at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience Kidrobot x Bobs Burgers Toys at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience


Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html


Virus-free.www.avast.com

{allcanada} Canada's Auger-Aliassime upset in second round of Hamburg Open


--
bannersPuppybear.tv - Rakuten.ca - Amazon.com - Swagbucks - MyPoints - DailyRewards

Kidrobot - Golden Girls Phunny Plush Bundle Kidrobot - Hello Kitty® NYC Taxi Plush - NYCC 2025 Debut (PRE-ORDER) Kidrobot - Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet 3” Vinyl Mini Figure Blind Box Series (PRE-ORDER)

Félix Auger-Aliassime's chance to tune up for the upcoming French Open came to an end Wednesday with a 4-6, 7-5, 6-4 loss to American lucky loser Aleksandar Kovacevic in second-round action at the Hamburg Open.

Montreal's Auger-Aliassime, seeded first at the ATP 500 clay-court event, had a 4-1 lead in the deciding set before Kovacevic mounted an improbable comeback.

Auger-Aliassime had won his previous two matches against Kovacevic.

Kovacevic, who was initially eliminated in qualifying before getting a main-draw spot when Zizou Bergs withdrew, is the first American to reach the Hamburg quarterfinals since Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras in 1995.

Auger-Aliassime, ranked No. 5 in the world, saw his record this season fall to 19-10 as he was eliminated in the second round at a second straight tournament.

The Canadian star will look to regroup at Roland Garros, where he has been eliminated in the first round in two of his last three appearances.    

TASCHEN Yummy World Plush Toys by Kidrobot - Free Shipping on USA Orders of $50+ at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience Kidrobot x Bobs Burgers Toys at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience


Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html


Virus-free.www.avast.com

Tuesday, May 19, 2026

{allcanada} Canada Shakes: Montreal Canadiens Fans Trigger Earthquakes Celebrating NHL Playoffs Win Over Buffalo


--
bannersPuppybear.tv - Rakuten.ca - Amazon.com - Swagbucks - MyPoints - DailyRewards

Kidrobot - Golden Girls Phunny Plush Bundle Kidrobot - Hello Kitty® NYC Taxi Plush - NYCC 2025 Debut (PRE-ORDER) Kidrobot - Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet 3” Vinyl Mini Figure Blind Box Series (PRE-ORDER)

The Montreal Canadiens’ 3-2 overtime win on Monday against the Buffalo Sabres literally made the Earth move.

Might seem smalltime to LA residents, but Natural Resources Canada seismographs registered tremors of 0.5 on on the Richter scale during both the May 16 at-home NHL playoff in the Canadian metropolis and similar shakes during the away game on May 18. According to sensors at Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf and McQuill University, the multiple small earthquakes and seismic activity occurred during primetime ET goals scored by the Original Six team in their Stanley Cup second round down-to-the-wire battle with the formidable Sabres.

Both institutions are fairly close to the Canadiens’ Bell Centre home in downtown Montreal. The legendary arena had 21,000 fans inside and 20,000 fans outside on both nights — and they weren’t sitting on their hands, if you know what I mean?

In moves familiar to Los Angeles residents, Habs supporters commonly riot if their team wins or loses. Like the City of Angels, Montreal sits on a  significant fault line. In the case of the ancient city (by North American standards), it is the Western Quebec Seismic Zone.

And it can shake and stir.

Last night, even with the Canadiens winning Game 7 in the 3-3 tied series over the border in Buffalo, seasoned Montreal cops were deployed in force around the Bell Centre and other watch parties.

The first two goals by Montreal saw a huge reaction by hometown hockey fans with strong seismic reactions. When Canadiens forward Alex Newhook scored the winning goal less than 10 minutes into OT, the célébration by the thousands of fans caused those sensitive sensors to peak again.

After the game ended, riot police moved in to contain some trash can tossing and fireworks setting fans and chemical gas was unleashed. The Montreal Gazette’s Harry North was on the streets when the celebration (and police reaction) of the Canadiens to the Eastern Conference finals went down.

Heading into the next round against the Carolina Hurricanes with Game 1 on May 21 in Raleigh, NC, the Canadiens are far from the only team to cause a quake or two.

The 60,400-strong fan jamboree in the May 2025 Premier League title win by Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspurs generated at 1.74 reading when Alexis Mac Allister put The Reds ahead 2-1. Of course, as many a metal and pop fan can tell you, that’s weak sauce. Very weak compared to the 2.3 seismic activity Taylor Swift devotees created in at the ‘Shake It Off’ star’s Seattle shows on July 2023 her Eras tour stop. That could be Emerald City fans — as several Seahawks games have registered such shakes as well.

BTW – the only team from the Great North still in this year’s Stanley Cup playoffs, the Canadiens have not won the iconic trophy since 1993. The best of seven games Eastern Conference series will be shown on TNT and truTV.

TASCHEN Yummy World Plush Toys by Kidrobot - Free Shipping on USA Orders of $50+ at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience Kidrobot x Bobs Burgers Toys at Kidrobot.com The Ayurveda Experience


Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html


Virus-free.www.avast.com