Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

[SurroundSound] Re: Authoring CD WAV files to DVD-A

I should add that I'm only doing this for CDs that are gapless (DSOTM, Abbey Road, etc.) not my entire redbook CD collection, so it shouldn't be a big HDD space problem even with WAV/PCM.

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:09:50 PM UTC-4, scolumbo wrote:
I tried posting this earlier but it never appeared....

One of the disadvantages of playing FLAC files on my Oppo is the lack of gapless playback. A workaround is to create a single FLAC file, but then you lose track info and navigation between tracks. However, if you have an Oppo with firmware that supports ISO playback, you can play DVD-A, DVD-V, and BD ISOs gaplessly with menus, track info, and track navigation, exactly the same as playing the physical disc.

This got me to thinking whether you could author WAV/PCM files from a CD to DVD-A or even DVD-V format that would be gapless and have track info and track navigation. I would only be interested in converting redbook CD's so MLP compression is unnecessary, and size doesn't matter anyway since the end result I want is an ISO and I don't care whether it fits on a physical disc.

I don't have any experience authoring to DVD-A, is this something that's possible? I would only try this for some of my gapless recordings, but I would be interested to hear from some of the authoring experts whether this is something to pursue or totally off-base.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SurroundSound" group.
To post to this group, send email to SurroundSound@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to SurroundSound-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound

No comments:

Post a Comment