Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

{allcanada} P.K. Subban still has no clue why he was traded from Montreal

 

P.K. Subban says he still isn't clear on the reason he was traded by the Montreal Canadiens and admits that an answer will likely never come.

The Nashville Predators defenceman joined Prime Time Sports on Sportsnet 590 The FAN Tuesday afternoon to talk about his new club, which is waiting to see who it will play in the Western Conference Final, but also spoke at length about his former team.

"I never took calculus but if it was a math equation, I'd still be doing the math on why I wasn't still in Montreal," Subban said when asked by hosts Bob McCown and Damien Cox if he saw the shocking June 29, 2016 trade coming.

He was dealt for Shea Weber, who's one of the most respected defenceman in the NHL but is also four years older than Subban. It was shocking to fans and media alike, but the Toronto native says he's moved on.

"I stopped thinking about it because at the end of the day I probably wouldn't be the only player who's been traded that really has no idea why it happened," he said.

Subban, who turns 28 this Saturday, made it to the Eastern Conference Final twice in Montreal, losing to the Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 and New York Rangers in 2014.

"We had some good teams in Montreal and I felt that we had the opportunity to do some special things in the post-season but for whatever reason I wasn't a part of the future plans anymore and they decided to take a different direction," he said. "At some point you just have to look at it and say, 'Hey, I'm not going to try to think about it, I'm not going to try to figure it out. I'm just going to try to move on.'

"It was tough having to move on from a city that I love and came into at 18 years old and grew into and made a lot of friends … but I had to move on and now I'm in the conference final again in an organization that really wants me."

The No. 8-seeded Predators pulled off an upset by sweeping the top-ranked Chicago Blackhawks in the first round and then defeated the St. Louis Blues in six games to advance to the third round, where they'll play the winner of Edmonton-Anaheim, with Game 7 of that matchup going Wednesday night.

The Predators have found success through excellent goaltending by Pekka Rinne and a strong, mobile defence corps that includes an impressive top four of Subban, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm and Ryan Ellis. Subban says it's easily the deepest unit he's ever played with.

"It's a hell of an opportunity I was given to come into Nashville," he said. "When you're getting traded, you don't have control of where you go. When I think of it this way, I wouldn't want to be any other place."

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment