Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

{allcanada} Kim Cattrall: ‘I don’t depend on Hollywood for jobs anymore’

 

Kim Cattrall found fame as the sex-crazed Samantha Jones on the hit HBO series "Sex and the City," but the real-life actress has revealed that Hollywood is still not captivated by older women.

The 60-year-old English-Canadian star told BBC's Victoria Derbyshire on Tuesday that she's not interested in taking on stereotypical roles because of her age.

"I'm not ready to play someone who is grotesque," said Cattrall. "Either from being thought of as a very, very older woman, at 60-61 this year, which I'm not, and I don't feel that way. That's why I don't depend on Hollywood for jobs anymore. That's why I became an executive producer."

And despite having a high-profile career, Cattrall insisted she doesn't feel pressure to maintain a youthful appearance.

"If I want to look a certain way then that's for my satisfaction," she explained. "I don't do it because of my work, I do it because that makes me feel good."

Still, Cattrall has admitted to encountering ageism over the years, despite her success on-screen.

"It starts in a little bit of a whisper," said Cattrall. "'Can she come in and have a meeting? We just want to see what she looks like. We want to see her skin, where she's at.'"

She revealed that this is a common tactic used to find out how old an actress really looks.

"It's a polite way of doing that," said Cattrall.

But even the actress gave herself a hard time when she was initially approached to play confident, conquest-seeking Samantha.

"I turned down the role three times," previously said Cattrall at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in 2016. "At the time I was just about to turn 41 and I was practicing ageism on myself. I felt I couldn't be the sex bomb any more. You have to understand that this was 1997. We've come a long way since then — 40 is now the new 25, 60 is the new 40. I was just thinking: 'Who is going to believe it? And do I want to do it?'"

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music, Soaps
http://almosthuman99.com

Babe Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/babes/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month - Vote Now!
http://almosthuman99.com/polls/hunks/hunkofthemonth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment